Aiming to keep my dirt-dwelling life simple, special and sweet

A Good Sauce

The other night I dipped chicken breast in (1) olive oil then (2) a mixture of 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 2 T. oregano, and 2 cloves of freshly chopped garlic. Next time, I will marinate the chicken in an olive-oil sauce because my chicken always is a bit too bland for me. While the chicken baked at 350 degrees in our Flavor-wave (which each household should have), I followed the recipe for this balsamic vinegar sauce. Very good. 

Courtesy of:  http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/parmesan-chicken-with-balsamic-butter-sauce

 1 cup chicken broth (I use low-sodium)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 
1 T. cold unsalted butter


In a small saucepan, combine the chicken stock and vinegar and boil over high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to plates, spoon the sauce on top and serve. 

Next time I'll take a picture of the meal, but here's a picture of the Flavor-wave, which again, every household should have. This was taken aboard Doggie Paddle in the wintertime, and yes, that is a whole chicken cooking easily inside. That's why everyone needs a Flavor-wave...

No comments: