Aiming to keep my dirt-dwelling life simple, special and sweet

Surroundings

As I entered Internet Explorer this morning, the daily quote banner had this to say to me:

"You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with."

It is a quote by, Jim Rohn, and I found a revision on another website.

"You are the average of the five people...inlcuding yourself."

Further reading brought to light that it is the people we surround ourselves with daily who influence our thinking, feelings, and daily operations. If we think about the kind of person we aim to be and the traits we hope to have and display, we can think about our top five people and whether or not they influence our aims. If they do not, a reconfiguration is in order.

We can reconfigure each day who we talk to (in person, on the phone, via email), whose words we read (in books, on a blog, in the newspaper), or which people we encourage ourselves to think about (our families, loved ones of present and past). 

We can also increase the amount of positivity we include in our life, if we do not have the options of escaping from the influence of negativity. Outside of those situations, we can choose what we do and how we do it. The other day I read something that said: when you are low, heal yourself, and when you are good, enjoy. If our daily interactions are less than what we require, our time away from those needs to be healing - this can be in super small ways or in big ways, depending on our schedule and resources. For me, sometimes music and engaging myself in certain readings brings my spirit right back up to where I like it to be.

Who I aim to be and who surrounds me on a daily with their influence, is what I'm going to meditate on this Monday. I hope you can find time to do the same.

No comments: